HEAD TO HOOD™ TEAM
High Cascade Snowboard Camp's Head to Hood™ offers a fun free ride and competitive team skill-building program built primarily for kids ages 8-13. We accept kids with the ability to ride intermediate terrain and a desire to improve their abilities in the park, free ride the mountain, and compete.
* IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE HEAD TO HOOD™ COACHING PROGRAM, PLEASE CALL 503.206.8520 OR EMAIL [email protected]*
HEAD TO HOOD™ INCLUDES:
- Group coaching on-hill on scheduled weekend days.
- Coaching at the Windells Academy campus in the evenings.
- All access pass to Windells Open Skate and Dry Land Facilities for the 2015-2016 snowboard season.
- Team participation in the USASA Hood Series hosting events in Slopestyle, Halfpipe, Boardercross, Rail Jam, and GS.
- All team participants are responsible for supplying their lift tickets/season pass and competition fees.
- 8 – 13
- *Snowboarders outside this age range may be accepted based on ability and coaching groups.
- On-Hill: Mount Hood Meadows
- Off-Hill: The Windells Campus for after hour indoor skateboard and trampoline facility at BOB (our indoor skatepark), 13,000 sq. ft. indoor dreamland!
- On-hill coaching times: 9:30 am – 2:30 pm.
Daily BOB time at Windells: 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm.
HEAD TO HOOD™ CALENDAR:
- Orientation Night – Dec 18, 2015 at Windells!
- First weekend on snow – Dec 19 & 20
- Holiday Break – Dec 21, 2015 – Jan 3, 2016
- Back on Snow – Jan 9, 2016
- Last Day of Riding – March 26, 2016
- USASA National Snowboard Camp (optional) – March 28 – April 1, 2016
- Snowboard coaching groups are designed to progress and develop a rider’s freestyle skills with High Cascade trained coaches.
- Small group sizes of 5-7 riders per coach ensure personal attention, and development at a comfortable pace.
ABILITY LEVEL & ELIGIBILITY
- All abilities at or above intermediate up to advanced, including serious competitors.
- Head to Hood™ is not a beginner program.
(Beginners, join us for Soft Start™ next summer.)
- Saturdays + Sundays $999
- Sundays Only $649
SEASON PASSES / LIFT TICKETS
- All participants are responsible for purchasing season passes (or daily lift tickets) to be able to participate in the Head to Hood™ program.
By joining the Head to Hood Team, you will get a seasons pass to Open Skate at the Windells campus, allowing you to skate and jump all school year. PLUS, High Cascade is happy to offer a discount to come out and join us during one of our Summer Sessions!
For additional questions:
call the HCSC Office at 503.206.8520 or email us at [email protected]
Where Do We Meet?
Team Riders can meet at the Windells Campus no later than 8:15 am, or at Timberline in the Wy’East Day Lodge at 9:15 am.
Head to Hood will not be able to accommodate late arrivals for morning pick-ups.
Head to Hood always wants to keep competing fun so you’ll be stoked hanging with your fellow riders in the competitive arena. Our coaching goal is to have you prepared and ready to preform and land tricks to your highest level possible.
Head to Hood USASA & Mt. Hood Series competition component
Mt. Hood Series Competitions are at Mt. Hood Meadows and are on Saturday evenings and Fridays and Mondays during the day. Head to Hood will provide coaching and competition assistance as per the demand. https://www.usasa.org/regions/western-region/mthood.html
A $30 coaches fee per competition will be charged and collected for all competitions during the HtH sessions. All USASA membership fees along with Mt. Hood Series registration fees are extra. https://www.usasa.org/
Extra lift ticket or pass fees for competitions at Mt. Hood Meadows are competitor’s responsibility.